Saturday, December 3, 2011

Begin with the end in mind

I will begin this blog with the end in mind.  The end that I desire for all of the readers is to gain a greater understanding of the gospel of Jesus Christ, and to have a testimony of Him.  With this in mind I would like to share with all of you the testimony I have of this "good news".

I believe in Jesus Christ as the Savior and Redeemer of all man kind.  I believe that through Him we can return to live with God (our Heavenly Father).  Jesus Christ came into this world to suffer for our transgressions and sins in order to overcome spiritual death, and then to die and be resurrected in order to overcome physical death. I believe that His grace is sufficient to save us from the call of justice.  Only by Him and through Him can we be saved and live with Him and our Eternal Father in Heaven.

I believe that we have scripture available to us that can help us further understand the commandments and teachings of Jesus Christ. A few scriptures I use are The Holy Bible(KJV), The Book of Mormon, The Doctrine and Covenants, The Pearl of Great Price, and other modern day scripture given to us by apostles and prophets. I also believe that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God called to restore the simple truths that were lost after the death of Jesus Christ and his ancient apostles. I believe that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is the only church containing the fullness of the gospel today, and that it is ran by Jesus Christ himself through revelation to His living prophets and apostles.

I believe that some of life's most precious joys come through family relationships.  I believe that as we live the commandments of God, and have faith in him, we will experience our greatest joy in this life and eternal life in the hereafter. I believe that the family is ordained of God and that He is pleased when a man and a woman marry and have children and bring them up as a righteous posterity. As mother and father live in harmony with the teachings of Jesus Christ, they will grow further and further in love with one another.  I believe that families can be eternal through living the gospel of Jesus Christ.  He makes all things possible and it is through Him that I draw my strength.

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." (Philippians 4:13)

No comments:

Post a Comment